Top Stories

Student Gets Legs, Fingers Amputated After Eating Leftover Chinese Food

A few hours after the rest of the meal, the person had to cut off both his legs and toes. (Credit: Copywriter on YouTube / chubbye)

The student, JC, has acquired life-threatening sepsis and gangrene as a result of microorganisms in food.

Leftover food in restaurants is not something one would want to go through, but the horrible case of a 19-year-old student in the US who eats some leftover food from a Kannada restaurant will make him nervous. A few hours after the rest of the meal, the person had to cut off both his legs and toes. The student, JC, has contracted life-threatening sepsis and gangrene as a result of microorganisms in food, according to the New England Medical Journal. The report states that he was admitted to the intensive care unit of Massachusetts General Hospital (PICU) in Boston. Although the case was reported last March in the New England Journal of Medicine, the incident came to public attention and became viral after a YouTube video by Dr. Bernard Hsu, a licensed scientist. In the video, Hsu explains that after eating leftovers, including mein, chicken, and rice, the boy became seriously ill. The video has been viewed more than a million times so far.

According to The New York Post, each individual is a part-time employee at an unnamed restaurant. He quickly began to give up after eating leftovers at a Chinese restaurant. Fever, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, and chest pain followed. The patient’s skin has begun to turn “purple”.

The patient had a bacterial infection called Neisseria meningitidis, which was discovered after a blood test and urine test. He was also diagnosed with sepsis, a condition caused by infection and leading to gangrene. Both your fingers and toes should be cut off to prevent the disease from spreading to other parts of your body.

According to WebMD, leftover food should be refrigerated no later than two hours after being removed from the heat source to reduce the risk of food poisoning from bacteria.

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Live Election Updates here.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button