The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is set to complete its mega-initial public offering (IPO) on Thursday. India’s largest IPO ever subsided at 2.95 times as the six-day forecast ended on May 9th.
The government expects to raise up to Rs 21,000 crore – a third of its original size – to sell 3.5 per cent of the country’s top budget.
Investors ordered 47.84 crore shares compared with a total of 16.20 crore on supply. Bids were shared almost twice by individual retail investors (RIIs), offering 6.92 crore shares at a discount of Rs 45 per share.
The price for the case is set between Rs 902 and Rs 949 per share and it is possible for LIC to be listed on May 17.
In the gray market, LIC shares are trading at a price of less than Rs 40, down from almost Rs 100 already.
Here is how you can check your share status on the BSE website:
* Visit the official website of the BSE.
* In the menu there, select LIC IPO.
* Enter the LIC IPO application number assigned to you.
* After that, enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN card number).
* Then, confirm on the captcha by typing ‘I am not a robot’.
* Then press the release button.
* Once you do that, you will be able to monitor the status of your partition.
Here is how you can check your share status on the NSE website:
* Visit the official website of the NSE.
* Select the ‘equity’ option on the next page.
* Then, from the dropdown option, select ‘LIC IPO’ as the resource name.
* Enter your application number.
* After that, enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN).
* Then select ‘I am not a robot’ and click ‘Leave’.
* Your partition status will be displayed.