Scotland Yard’s Indian Director of Anti-Terrorism Police, Neil Basu, said it was “disappointing” with the process of setting a new appointment which includes a promotion that has been taken care of and plans to seek information from the House. service in the UK, a UK media report quoted.
Neil Basu, the Assistant Commissioner of State Police and the country’s most senior non-white officer, is in the process of directing the National Bureau of Investigation (NCA) – frequently referred to the UK version of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). According to ‘The Sunday Times’, Neil Basu has been reduced as one of the last two candidates until Downing Street favorite for former Scotland Yard leader Lord Bernard Hogan-Howe has come out and the facilities are also open.
“I am disappointed in the way the process has ended and will never be used again,” Neil Basu told the newspaper.
“I will get information from the Home Office,” the 53-year-old said.
The newspaper said Neil Basu understood to be a consulting lawyer and had informed the Home Office that he had decided to file a complaint.
Privately, he has said he is angry at losing GBP 223,000 a year and his supporters suspect he may be linked to his opposition views on the race.
Last week, in commemoration of the second anniversary of George Floyd’s assassination in the US that sparked the international outcry of Black Lives Matter, Basu wrote an article in which he said the British police had to admit it was “institutional racism” and he also called for good. exclusive to increase the numbers of black and Asian leaders.
If his candidate for the NCA project had been successful, Basu would have become the first South Asian property, owned by an Indian father and a Welsh mother, to lead a UK law firm. The paper points out that any staff complaint is likely to indicate that delays to the recruitment process mean Basu misses the deadline to apply for the job of Commissioner Met, as well as the role of chief executive at the College of Policing in England and Wales.
The top job at the NCA, the UK’s leading agency against organized crime, was vacated in October last year after Dame Lynne Owens stepped down as Director-General on the medical field.
Lord Hogan-Howe has reached the last four candidates but his failure to reach the last two is believed to have allowed the office of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom at 10 Downing to intervene in the recruitment process. He and Basu worked together when Boris Johnson was Mayor of London.
Asked if he planned to withdraw from the NCA competition, Hogan-Howe said: “With respect to the process and to the candidates, I have no comment to say.” Downing Street sources told ‘The Sunday Times’ that Prime Minister Boris Johnson had no formal role in the appointment process.
“The fair and open recruitment campaign is underway to make the most of this important role,” the Home Office said. PTI AK AMS AMS